12 Reasons To Start A Local Niche Blog
Start a LOCAL niche blog. Whether you live in a densely populated urban area with several million residents or you live in a loosely populated rural area. The advice is still good. For the urbanite the large population will allow you to retain a little more focus, but for you guys in rural areas just expand your definition of local.
Developing a position in a local niche market is one of the best strategic moves you can make. There are many opportunities in local markets that are just waiting to be tapped into. As more and more people begin to buy more and more products online the opportunities for a local niche blog will become even more fruitful. Don’t discount your local market. Although there is lower traffic potential that is counter balanced by the greater number of available opportunities. Just like any other online activity a local niche blog should not be your sole source of income but only one source of many.
Here is why starting a local niche blog is such a good idea.
- Creating a local niche blog creates the opportunity for you to get from behind the computer and go out into the community.
- You can have more fun writing about real topics than esoteric online topics.
- Blogging is no longer simply an ethereal prospect but you can truly connect with your readers.
- It is easy to find topics to write about. You live your topics every day.
- If done right, you could leverage your blog to become well known in your community.
- Guerilla marketing tactics have a greater likelihood of being successful.
- When you get enough traffic, local or other, you can sell high dollar add space. Go to your local newspaper’s website and look at how much they charge car dealers for ad space. You probably will never be able to charge your local newspapers ad rates. But even at 50% their ad rate you will be making several hundred times what you will probably make selling ad space on your blog that has more of a global perspective.
- With a local niche blog, you can leverage those high cost AdWords in a meaningful way. It is easier to write content related to keywords like car insurance, mortgages, lawyers because you can relate it to what is going on in your community It is easier to write about these things because you know what is happening in your community.
- You can involve your family. How many bloggers can say that they can involve their wife/husband or significant other in their blogging activities. Well, here is your chance. Think of all the topics you could write about that would interest your family as well. Think of all of the places you can take your kids that you can blog about.
- It will become easier to build a group of local contributing writers to where you could eventually move into an editorial position. Manage and expand.
- A local niche blog with strong ties to the community would probably be easier to sell. And likely more profitable, since you can get higher add revenue.
- Depending on your location there may not be very much competition.
The opportunities that a local niche blog provide are only limited by your imagination. The growth in the emphasis of local search by Google and other search engines should be a clear indication that there is great local opportunities.
The blogger I got this advice from is a bit controversial due to his writing style. However, Vic from BloggerUnleashed really deserves credit for opening my eyes to this prospect. From my perspective this is the best advice that anyone could ever give you.
Popularity: 12% [?]